Welcome

Thank you for visiting my blog and having interest in my work. While for a while this blog functioned as an online portfolio, now it comprises my day to day artistic exploits. To view my formal online portfolio and most recent updated artwork please visit my website www.robjwilson.com

Thanks and enjoy!

Rob

Monday, July 5, 2010

Update

So goals are funny things, you make them and then life seems to speed up around you. I've been commissioned to do two murals of the magnificent Southern Utah landscape in a new to be opened business. Sorry all, I can't disclose just yet which business, its still on the down low. Needless to say, I haven't been able to make my daily life study goal. I've been driving all over looking for places to use as inspiration. I've been getting a lot of references as well as plein aire studies and I thought I'd share a few.

This was a small daily study I did of a clove of garlic from the garden before I got this commission.


God's Country, looking from Cedar breaks. The master painter never continues to amaze me.

While picnicking at Cedar Breaks I got in two studies of trees and thought you might like to see them before I officially put them on my website.


both are 9 x 13.5 odd size I know, but I love the long format. I'm going to prepare more panels in that size so I can work that way more.
The top one took a little longer but they were about an hour a piece.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Ok... so I deleted my own comment but that's just because I can't spell so I'm re-commenting:)

I said that I love your quick studies. The trees are great, but I especially love the garlic clove. It is simple and elegant and just lovely.