Welcome

Thank you for visiting my blog and having interest in my work. While for a while this blog functioned as an online portfolio, now it comprises my day to day artistic exploits. To view my formal online portfolio and most recent updated artwork please visit my website www.robjwilson.com

Thanks and enjoy!

Rob

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Goal


We've been re-landscaping our yard and it's my job to water the plants. I have been caring for the new growth with little reward but today our lilies were in bloom. They were so enchanting that and I just had to do a little study.


A little pipe cleaner and tape to secure my still life.


There were the funnest leaves that I had to include.


Lilies 8 x 12 oil on linen

I had so much fun that I hope to do a daily life study. They will probably be small and under three hours like this one, but there is nothing that can top the endorphins you get when working from life.
A detail of the main flower. I loved the surprising colors that I found in the soft, cool north light.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: