Welcome

Thank you for visiting my blog and having interest in my work. While for a while this blog functioned as an online portfolio, now it comprises my day to day artistic exploits. To view my formal online portfolio and most recent updated artwork please visit my website www.robjwilson.com

Thanks and enjoy!

Rob

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Rob, the muralist

Painting a mural is such a fun experience. I rarely get the opportunity to paint so huge and I really love it. The mural is 6 feet by 18 feet and I didn't want it to take over my studio, so I painted this downstairs with the basement north windows.
This was after the first day, the cliffs mainly done with the foreground blocked in.
The next day I refined all the foreground space and added the animals.
The third and fourth days were spent on the other section of the mural, adding animals, etc.
This is a detail of an action scene in the mural.

I have two murals left to do, so check back on how they progress. The official opening of the office and viewing of the murals is October first. I'll be posting the time and location as it gets closer.

1 comment:

Jami said...

This looks incredible. I only wish I could see it in real life.